Branding & Signage
Noord-Zuid Hollandsch Koffiehuis
Historic building fully restored
This historic building dates from 1921 and was designed by architect J.H.W. Leliman in the so-called late art-nouveau style and was named Noord-Hollandsch Koffiehuis (North Holland Coffee House). Due to the extension of the public transport network it was renamed in the 1930s in Noord-Zuid Hollandsch Koffiehuis (North-South Holland Coffee House). After various extensive new constructions and reconstructions it is now fully restored in its old glory.
In assignment of K+P Architects and in cooperation with Mijksenaar Wayfinding, VB&VH have produced and installed 11 ultra-thin LED-texts for the external signage of the building. It regards lettering by embedded LEDs, which not only generate a beautiful light emission, but are also sustainable and have a low energy consumption. In combination with recent extensive, restorative painting, the old glory of the building has indeed been fully restored. Simultaneously the companies present (Café Restaurant Loetje, Lovers Canal Boats and Municipal Public Transport (GVB) are more visible and easier to find.